B) Urbanisation areas as La Fustera (Benissa), Fanadix (Benissa), Racó de Galeno (Benissa), Baladrar (Benissa), Punta Estrella (Benissa), Montemar (Benissa), San Jaime (Benissa), Moravit (Benissa), and Urbanisation Cumbre del Sol (Benitatxell) y Montecala (Benitatxell): These areas is considering new urbanizations created before (70-90’s) or with the Spanish boom, sometimes in big urbanizations.
The important legal aspects to consider at time to buy these kind of properties are the following:
– The property must be perfectly inscribed in the land registry, as “completed house”. It means that the property has been registered, and the builder supplied the Final Works License, the Ten Years Insurance (Insurance which covers during 10 years the structural defects of the building), and the Certificate of Habitation.
– Community areas: The community areas like Golf Courses, commercial areas, pool, gardens, etc, must be completed, or in process to be.
Also, is very important to “read” the community rules to see, for example, if your neighbor can run a business which can disturb you, or if dogs are allowed, etc.
– Community charges: These kind of properties can have high expenses of maintenance. It is very important to know them in the initial steps of conveyance.
– Limitations and rights of use: These areas use to have big infrastructure of electric, water, sewage, rubbish collection, which can affect your property.
Talking about old urbanisations, it is also very important to check the urbanistic consideration of the property before compelting the purchase. These urbanisations has been recently involved in new regulations and normative,, which requires of special and individualized study at the earliest steps of the purchase process.
Other essential points to consider when buying in the area:
- Urbanization charges and works: There are some areas, overall in Denia, Pedreguer, Pego, Benissa, Moraira, Orba, Benidoleig, Altea, and Javea, in which the property may have pending urbanization costs and/or urbanization works to be finished, and on the account of the owner!. So, please, take duly care with this.
- Certificate of Habitation: Even being properties built with the proper building license, there are some complications at time to obtain the NEW certificate of habitation.
As explained above, in these URBAN areas, it is very important to check that the urbanisation where the property is located has all the urbanisation infrastructure completed, such as: roads, pavement, asphalt, connection to mains sewage system, water, electric. The urbanisation infrastructure of these areas was developped time ago, and sometimes it does not fulfill with the modern standards. So, it is quite common to find properties where the owners have to «give» some part of their plots to have bigger roads, or to «pay» some urbanisation infrastrcutures like connection to sewage, pedestrian areas, etc.
You are kindly invited to know more about this point in our specialised section: Semi-consolidated urbanisations.
Properties in Rustic zones and countryside: Special considerations must be made in areas at the countryside, out of the urbanised areas.
In these RUSTIC areas, it is very important to check that the area where the property is located is FREE of any kind of urban planning actions or affections, like affections to roads, electric or water infrastructure, connection to sewgae, or installation or septic tank, etc. So, as well as the properties placed in the urbanisations, it is quite common to find properties in rustic where the owners have to «give» some part of their plots to have bigger roads, or to «pay» some urbanisation infrastrcutures like connection to sewage, pedestrian areas, etc. You are kindly invited to know more about this point in our specialised section: Semi-consolidated urbanisations.
Considerations of conveyance in rustic properties are not different from the rest of areas. Please, consult our construction on rustic section, or see our common problems section to see the typical problems for rustic land areas.
For more information regarding conveyance, visit our Property Law section.
TLACORP is at your entire disposal, in our office in Calpe , but also from our offices in Javea, with special fees, for properties placed in this area.