Complete Guide about How to Buy properties in Spain from an exhaustive and proffesional study and the essential tips to buy a house in Spain.
This guide has been redacted by TLA registered lawyers and experts in both, Property and Construction law, completed with a very detailed tax advice, and with more than 20 years in the legal and tax Spanish sector.
The aim of this guide is to provide you enough detailed information and tips to confirm and secure your decision about How-To-Buy in Spain.
Other e-books and guides online might not offer as much as detailed content provided by this Manual, so we are convinced this will be your definitive one.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.- WHY USE A LAWYER WHEN BUYING A PROPERTY IN SPAIN?
I.- SOME EXAMPLES IN OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES:
II.- THE SPANISH CASE
2.- ASPECTS PRIOR TO THE PURCHASE
- Personal aspects:
- Administrative aspects: NIE, individual or company, bank account, financing-mortgage, powers of attorney
- Way of making payments
3.- STEPS OF THE PURCHASE PROCESS
- DEPOSIT CONTRACT / RESERVATION CONTRACT
- THE PURCHASE AGREEMENT (“Purchase Agreement”).
- SIGNATURE OF THE NOTARIAL ACTS OF PURCHASE (“Deed of Sale “)
- HOW TO MAKE PAYMENTS
4.- THE LEGAL STUDY OF THE PROPERTY
- NEWLY CONSTRUCTED HOUSING
- SECOND-HAND HOMES/RESALE
5.- EXPENSES AND TAXES DERIVED FROM THE SALE TRANSACTION
- THE TAX VALUE
- TAXES DERIVED FROM THE PURCHASE OF NEW BULDINGS
- VAT – VALUE ADDED TAX
- AJD-DOCUMENTED LEGAL ACTS
- RESALE BY COMMUNITIES – ITP
- OTHER EXPENSES DERIVED FROM THE PURCHASE:
6.- TAXES AND EXPENSES TO PAY AS A PROPERTY OWNER IN SPAIN
- INCOME TAX
- NON RESIDENTS
- ESTATE TAX
- IBI AND LOCAL TAXES
7.- RENTAL ACTIVITY IN SPAIN
- Different types on property rentals
- Tourist Rent
- Tax obligations
We are completely sure that you will find the necessary information to help you in the very important decission which is buying a house in Spain.